Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Vicodreams

I've heard tell that some people experience bad dreams while on vicodin. I've been on vicodin once before, when I got my wisdom teeth out, and didn't really notice any affect the drug had on me. But now that I'm on it again, well, I've noticed something different.

It made me really drowsy today (and perhaps I can blame it for my writing "it maid me really drousy toda"), so I decided to take a little nap break. I wouldn't call them bad, per se, or dreams, per se. It was more like strangely unpleasant hallucinations. I'd close my eyes and, within fifteen seconds, I'd be surrounded by a bunch of poeple trying to make me stand up. They demanded it, and the more I resisted the more they pushed me. Then the phone would ring and I'd snap out of it. And then more sleep-like dream-like people trying to make me stand up. Despite already suffering from one of these hallucinations and already being able to dismiss it, it seemed real again.

The weirdest of all came later, when I started shivering like crazy. I mean, the worst shivering I've ever done, ie what I was doing last night when I first arrived in the hospital or when my legs were bare beneath the rain. Only, as time went on, I realized I wasn't shivering at all. I mean, my body wasn't shivering, but I could hear my teeth chattering despite the fact that they weren't, and I could feel the bitter cold and rain that I couldn't feel. It's a really strange circumstance that I don't know how to describe (obviously). But no matter how much it's drowsily forcing me into non-sleep and messing with my idea of consciousness and reality, I'm glad for the vicodin.

No comments:

Post a Comment