Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Morning things

I've taken to eating turkey bacon and chicken sausage as an easy source of protein and replacement for pork. One time my mom called it chicken bacon, and it has bothered me a lot ever since. I think about chicken bacon all the time and laugh at the silliness of the concept, and then shudder at how awful the words sound when placed together.

Do you ever have dreams in which someone tells a joke, and it's really funny? I've had one each of the last two nights. But I don't remember the one from two nights ago, because the more I thought about it, the less funny it became. Like, sometimes they might be funny in context, but the dream presents such strange context that it will never work out in real life. The one from last night had so many motives for the different actors, and such a congregation of people from the many aspects of my life, that I'm going to have to simplify it thus: a psychic punches his friend. His friend punches him back, saying "what did you do that for?" "I had a psychic vision you were going to punch me so I decided to pre-empt you." Is it strange that the simplification of my dream is also the simplification of pretty much every episode of That's So Raven?

Tylenol and Tile are filed next to one another in my mind. Those chalky tile floors always remind me of the chalky consistency of children's Tylenol.

No comments:

Post a Comment