Thursday, March 5, 2009

You might think it's bragging

My in progress novel, The Indomitable Witch of Clives, just surpassed the completed The Selfsame Chime in length. I believe it will end up being comfortably above 200 pages.

However, I'm not blogging to brag about this. This pass happened earlier this evening. Just now, as I'm nearing 60,000 words, Microsoft Word informed me that there are "too many spelling and grammatical errors" to be displayed within the text, and that I need to do something else (I don't remember what) to view them. Of course, it's because the story takes place in the Acrolan Empire, at either the Appero, Frontton or Clives courts. The main character is Ariane and her siblings include Alix and Davidt, while her husband's name is Ferand. Ferand comes from a place called the Auveyr, meanwhile Davidt is Grand Duke of Allonia, while their other brother and narrator, Andrew, is Count of Iszmon. Of course there are too many spelling errors!

I would be delighted to wear this badge of honor until the end, except that--every once in a blue moon--that squiggly red line catches a real spelling error. I need it back, so Acrola will have to be added to my dictionary. But I'm doing this one word at a time, you word processing nazi!

No comments:

Post a Comment