Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Not nothing

I should hear from City Year in a week, they told me. I feel really good about it. In fact, I came home from work and checked my emails today and saw that I had an email from them. In most circumstances, I would not open this email for several hours--perhaps several days--for fear that it contained a rejection. But I feel so confident that I excitedly opened the email immediately.

Of course, all the thing said was that I was being considered and should hear back from them in a week.

Over the last few days, life has been directing me toward the life of Elizabeth Elmon, a gentlewoman who "married down", as they say. Her husband was a man named John Adriol, and although I haven't yet decided his exact status, I imagine he'll be little more than a groom. I don't know how much of a story is there or where it might go, but my Pocahantas/Grandmother Willow Wind is urging me in that direction with a gentle breeze.

"I don't actively do it anymore, but I certainly do invite encouragement."

No comments:

Post a Comment