Saturday, April 25, 2009

Leisure Town...the end.

Leisure Town is a old people part of Vacaville. It's not gated, or anything, but when you first turn onto Yellowstone there's one of those terrible marker stones that has "Leisure Town" written on it. So I was able to drive there for work without hindrance today (ahem, elitist Browns Valley). But I'm fairly certain that they have rules similar to other senior living centers, like everyone has to be an old folk.

Anyway, I had never spent any time in Leisure Town before. I mean, clearly it's going to be a community designed to look like what old people wish the entire world were still like. I was just stunned by how very 1950's it looked. Every house was an unremarkable little one-story flat, but they all had large yards and notable gardens. I'm sure the old people all plant their own gardens, because that's what they're into, but you can't help but notice these big huge fields of green. The streets are all straight circles, which doesn't make any sense, so by which I mean they are "circles", but are actually in the shape of squares.

I don't know, I wish I were bright enough to draw this all together and form an interesting conclusion on what old people want and what their subconcious priorities are. But I can't. So the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment